About South Shore Gunite Pools & Spas
South Shore Gunite Pool and Spas has been serving New England and setting the standard for gunite pool and spa construction since 1975.
- In the News
- Commercial Pools
- Residential Pools
- Vanishing edge pools
- New Construction Engineering
- Commercial Consulting services
- Structural and hydraulic Design services.
- Site Planning And Development
- Site Supervision
- Ponds and Waterscapes
- Fountains & Waterfeatures
- Commercial Pool Service
- Landscape Services
- Repair Services
- Weekly, Bi-Weekly & Monthly Maintenance
- Chemical Delivery
- Pool & Spa Renovations & Remodeling
- Deck and Coping Renovations, including:
- Bluestone and Granite decks
- Stamped and exposed aggregate Concrete decking
- Natural stone coping and Waterfalls.
- Retaining walls
- Custom Poured concrete coping
- Certified Pool Operator™ (CPO) Training Services
All of our work is performed using SSG in-house crews. Electrical can be included in our contract using one of our electrical sub-contractors. No pool construction phase is ever outsourced !
We have over 170 employees working work for SSG. (You’ve probably seen us around, as we run an average of 70 trucks a day!) We invest heavily in our people, with training through the following organizations:
- APSP (The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals)
- NSPF (The National Swimming Pool Foundation)
- ASA (The American Shotcrete Association)
- ACI (The American Concrete Institute)
- NPC (The National Plasterers Council)
All employees of SSG are fully insured,
Building high quality pools is our business.
Customer satisfaction is our specialty!
Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, USA, the goal of the American Concrete Institute is to advance the knowledge of concrete by conducting seminars, managing certification programs, and publishing technical documents. The American Concrete Institute currently has 98 chapters and 20,000 members spanning 108 countries.
ACI is located at 38800 Country Club Dr., Farmington Hills, MI 48331 USA. Phone: 248-848-3700. Fax: 248-848-3701.
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The American Shotcrete Association, headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, is a non-profit organization of contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, designers, engineers, owners, and others with a common interest in promoting the use of shotcrete.
Formed in March 1998 to increase awareness of the shotcrete process, the Vision of the American Shotcrete Association is "that the shotcrete process be understood and used in every beneficial application".
The Mission of the ASA is "to encourage and promote the safe and beneficial use of the shotcrete process”. This mission is moved forward through the work of the ASA Committees on Education, Marketing & Membership, Pool & Recreational, Publications, Safety, Sustainability and Underground.
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
SSG pools and spas was chosen as "best of Boston" for 2011 by the readers of Boston Magazine. More information here:
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatic industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. The training these instructors provide has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at www.nspf.org/Two_Day_Class.html
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program's highest credential—CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification. More information at http://www.apsp.org/ServiceEducationandCertificationPrograms.aspx
The APSP International Awards of Excellence honors APSP members whose pools, spas and water features represent some of the best designs in the industry.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms from all over the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence
The National Plasterers Council was formed in 1988 to “provide a voice and support for swimming pool plasterers.”
Since then, the Council has been focused on studying plaster surface problems and the writing of technically sound practices for the industry. The Council has also worked to produce educational videos for consumers.
Other priorities include nationwide membership recruitment, new member benefits, and new educational opportunities including a pool surface applicator certification program.
The National Swimming Pool Foundation® (NSPF®), founded in 1965, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving public health worldwide by attracting more people to safer aquatic environments. NSPF® is committed to improving public health by encouraging healthier living through aquatic education and research. The NSPF® is the leading educator for pool and spa professionals who service and operate public and private pools and spas and for public health officials who are responsible for pool safety.
The NSPF® is the leader funding grants to prevent illness, injury and drowning, including a grant to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to reduce recreational water illness. In addition, the NSPF is funding a study by the American Red Cross, YMCA, and US Lifesaving to understand the science behind drowning prevention at guarded facilities. The NSPF funds grants to help reduce risk at aquatic facilities and has also funded the CDC's Healthy Swimming Project for three consecutive years.
The NSPF® organizes the leading scientific conference to prevent aquatic injury, illness, and drowning, the World Aquatic Health™ Conference. Now in its fourth year, over 35 seminars are presented by 33 leading scientists at the two-day conference where attendees and presenters share in a global exchange of knowledge. These seminars are available online following the conference. allowing the NSPF® to educate more people who will help us carry out our mission.
Each year the Pool & Spa News magazine researches all the major pool and spa builders in North America based on criteria such as longevity, customer satisfaction, quality ratings, awards, etc. and compiles a list of the Top 50 Builders in the pool and spa industry. We are privileged and proud to be on this list of the Top 50 Builders. We are 19 this year and final that we were ranked in the top 5 of best customer service out of the top 50 builders